Small internet windows that appear on the screen might be useful as well as dangerous. As each coin has two sides, similarly Pop-ups have their own advantage and disadvantages. But it would be very sad to say that nowadays, pop-ups are only known for perturbing the internet users. If pop-ups appear on the screen, then seriously, it is not a good indication to your computer as well as privacy because some of intelligent engineers use it as a trick you into clicking on them.
Earlier, it was used to give a free report, tip sheet, or other useful freebie. More people see the offers, more number of people attracted towards good and useful offers. It was just a normal banner to display and advertise the products, but the same thing is not happening now. It includes malicious malware and virus to force you into clicking on them.
You see many free websites and applications to use. But what If someone says nothing is free on the internet. Definitely you will be surprised as you are not paying any cost to use that application. But it is something different from your thought. You’re wrong if you are thinking in that way because they earn money not from you but someone else.
Why pop-ups are more dangerous nowadays?
- It triggers another pop-up or downloads a virus.
- Pop-ups don’t go away even after shutting down computer.
- Disrupt you with every browsing session.
- If not controlled, computer as well as privacy can be at risk.
- Steal your personal details including banking details.
In order to stop annoying pop-ups on to a computer, you must use a caution while surfing internet. If ever you catch any suspicious activities in a computer, don’t ignore.
The things you can do to provide an extra layer of security to Computer:
- Download an ad blocker
- Update the computer with updated anti-virus software.
- Disable the redundant applications installed on to computer.
- Never click or open unknown applications.
- If your link redirects, then force to close that program.
- Close the running unknown application from task manager.
These are important instructions to follow. It keeps you aware and keeps updated, whether malfunctioned applications installed or not.
If you download ad blocker, then it blocks all intrusive ads that disrupt you while reading content on the website. If you think, this particular ad should run then at that moment you can click “disallow on this site”. Some of the websites don’t open if it contains malicious ads, but still you need to open it, and then you can just disallow an ad blocker to open that particular website.